Due to the nature of their work, nurses, health and aged care staff can experience and be impacted by workplace grief and loss.
Karuna’s Managing Workplace Grief and Loss program has been developed in conjunction with input from nurses, health and aged care staff.
This pilot program is being delivered via a mixed mode with content being delivered both online and face to face.
The training includes the following content:
- Understanding grief and loss
- Understanding workplace grief and loss
- The impact of workplace grief and loss
- Understanding the relationship between grief/loss, burnout and mental health conditions
- Effective strategies/interventions:
- At the individual level – includes wellbeing/resilience strategies
- At the team level
- At the management level
- At the organisational level
Karuna is now inviting nurses, health and aged care staff to attend the public pilot program free of charge.
The pilot will be held on Friday 21 April from 10am – 1pm at Karuna House, 27 Cartwright Street, WINDSOR. You must register via the relevant link below.
Further instructions, information on parking and pre-reading will be emailed to you once you register online.
Please Note – depending on numbers, organisations may be limited as to the number of staff who can attend any one session.