Welcome to Karuna
Karuna is a Brisbane-based charity established in 1992 to support people at home to live well and with calm acceptance as they prepare for the end of their life. Our unique, holistic model of care and compassion means Karuna has helped thousands of individuals and families cope with bereavement, palliative illness and death.
Offering in-home palliative and spiritual care and counselling, Karuna’s commitment to clients is to honor their lives and give comfort to their families.
For information on our services and how you can assist, contact Karuna on ph. 3632 8300 or contact us online.
Karuna offers support in ways that:
- Minimise fear and pain for people who are dealing with the loss of life;
- Transform the way society and individuals think about and experience death; and
- Help people accept the transient nature of life and use it as a catalyst to make it more meaningful.
Our services are linked to the times in life when people are most likely to be seeking answers and care either for themselves or others. These include situations where lives are limited by illness, when facing death or dying, when grieving and when seeking meaning in life.
Karuna’s services include:
- In-home and community palliative care
- Spiritual care and support
- Grief and bereavement
- Support and learning