Karuna’s Grief and Bereavement Support
Karuna is a leader in grief and bereavement support, with over 25 years’ experience and expertise in assisting people deal with bereavement or a palliative illness. Our team of counsellor’s and registered psychologists support people who are:
- Experiencing bereavement from any cause, at any stage of life;
- Coping with their own or a loved one’s palliative diagnosis;
- Providing care to loved one at the end of their life; and
- Working in a health profession where they are frequently dealing with dying and death.
Karuna also offers a workshop on Managing Grief and Loss in the Workplace. To learn more about this program please contact Tracey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 3632 8300.
How to Access Karuna’s Services
Psychology sessions are conducted at Karuna House at Windsor with clients or in their homes by appointment.
Sessions can be bulk billed under a Medicare Mental Health Plan from a General Practitioner (6 to 10 sessions).
Fee for service sessions are also available for external clients who are need of our support.
All clients must be over 18 years of age, or 16 years old with parental consent.
Karuna also offers a specialist children’s program called Karuna Kids.
Karuna Kids is a bereavement program designed especially to help kids between the ages of 5 to 12 years old explore and understand their grief. This is a supportive place for kids to express their feelings after the loss of someone special in their life, while meeting other children in similar situations. This a program of 6 weekly sessions held after school hours at Karuna House at Windsor.
The coordinated 6 week program covers bereavement topics including:
- Getting to know you and your special person;
- Let’s talk about feelings;
- Dealing with changes in the family;
- Dealing with strong feelings and anger;
- Building strength and resilience; and
- Making memories.
The sessions are facilitated by experienced grief and loss counselors and volunteers with relevant training and experience, support children in telling their stories and express their feelings so they can lead happier lives.
To learn more about the program or register interest please contact Tracey (email@example.com) or phone 3632 8300.