You are more than just your body…
Your mind, feelings and emotions make up a big part of who you are. They have a strong impact on how you cope with difficult and painful times in life.
This is especially true when your health is threatened or you have lost a loved one.
Even when you have a faith or particular spiritual beliefs, you may feel challenged and wish to speak with someone. Talking things through can help you to remember that we all have inner resources we can call on.
Karuna’s spiritual care specialists can support you in any of the following ways:
- exploring questions like: Why is this happening to me? Why am I feeling this way? What is the purpose of all this? What can I do?
- recognising and understanding your emotional and spiritual pain, helping you to find meaning
- creating a sense of calm to face the future with courage and confidence
- cultivating peace of mind
- discovering what the Buddhist approach to living and dying can offer
Our care is available to you and those close to you. It includes online information and phone based support. Home and hospital visits are also available in some areas.
This is a free service kindly funded by community donations.
Spiritual Care Resources
Whilst we can choose to ignore spiritual issues throughout life, they generally come into focus when we (or someone close to us) are faced with a life threatening illness or actual end of life.
- Information Sheets – Information, advice and comfort to those shaken by the fragility of life.
- Buddhist Wisdom Information Sheets – Introductions to key Buddhist concepts around death and dying and living and dying well.
- Meditations – Short meditations to calm the mind suitable for all.
- No regrets: Advice for living and dying – His Holiness the Dalai Lama visited Karuna House in 2007. This is a lightly edited transcript and video of his talk on living and dying.
- Guidebooks – In depth handbooks on preparation for death, from a Buddhist perspective.