Care of the Mind Resources
Whilst we can choose to ignore spiritual issues throughout life, they generally come into focus when we (or someone close to us) are faced with a life threatening illness or actual end of life.
- Information Sheets – Information, advice and comfort to those shaken by the fragility of life.
- Buddhist Wisdom Information Sheets – Introductions to key Buddhist concepts around death and dying and living and dying well.
- Meditations – Short meditations to calm the mind suitable for all.
- No regrets: Advice for living and dying – His Holiness the Dalai Lama visited Karuna House in 2007. This is a lightly edited transcript and video of his talk on living and dying.
- Guidebooks – In depth handbooks on preparation for death, from a Buddhist perspective.
Books and Recordings
Karuna carries a range of books and recordings available for purchase in person or by phoning (07 3632 8300) or emailing email@example.com. We specialise in material on the following topics:
Buddhism – the religion, philosophy and science of Buddhism. Books from the main Buddhist traditions including Theravada and Mahayana, biographies and commentaries of renowned masters, and teachings of the Buddha.
End of Life – accepting life’s transitions and becoming comfortable with death and dying
Grief and Loss – understanding the emotional of grief and growing from loss and bereavement
His Holiness the Dalai Lama – a range of books and recordings authored and co-authored by His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Well Being – Inspirational, thought provoking books about life and our potential for happiness and well being